"Official" Definitions of Pre-Production:
1. Taking place or existing before production: preproduction planning.
2. Of, relating to, or being a prototype: preproduction models of next year's automobiles.
The preliminary arrangements, as concerning financing or personnel, that are made upon the inception of a project: a movie in preproduction.
- The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
specif., the choosing of locations, casting of actors, revision of the script, etc. before the actual shooting of a film
noun: the process of preparing and planning before actual production begins;
adjective: of or in the time before actual production begins
- Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
As you can see, both American Heritage and Webster's dictionary's depict preliminary work ahead of time - before the "real" work begins.
So does this mean that lots of practice in the garage or basement will pay off in the studio when you or your band goes in to record that next CD?
> You bet.
Does it mean recording those rehearsals ahead of time?
Can you record those rehearsals yourselves?
- Even something as simple as recording on a smart phone at practice can let you hear whether or not the arrangement is working.
But - if you are planning on booking time in an expensive "Pro" studio, wouldn't it make more sense to focus on the music and let some else record you or your band?
> WITHOUT A DOUBT!
Going this last route yields the very best results for your recording project.
Using a pre-production studio will allow you to hear what is and what is not working in your songs - while you focus on your contribution to those songs.
Having to focus on the recording of each voice and instrument can be a real chore for someone wanting to focus on their parts in the music.
That's where RHR comes in.
You are able to work out arrangements and ideas here at minimal cost, so your music has a solid foundation and you and your band have good creative direction when it comes time to go "Pro"!
Once you hear that your material recorded here sounds fantastic, you may wish to save all that money in your "Pro" studio budget for more T-shirts, SWAG and CD's for those fantastic fans showing up to your gigs!!
Please CONTACT US to let us know what you have, and to receive a free consultation and pricing.